Adult Community Further Education (AFCE)
For a number of years SMECC has offered ongoing weekly classes focusing on English as a second language (ESL) literacy and numeracy with qualified educators.
SMECC is offering classes to support people from any non-English Speaking Background needs support with learning English.
- General Beginners English (pre-beginner -beginner English level)
- ACFE Beginners EAL Computer class:
This class is designed for English as an additional learners as an introduction to basic computer skills. It is taught by an English /Swahili speaking teacher to optimize and enhance all learning for the Congolese cohort. Most students had never had access to computers prior to this class. They have gone from learning how to properly turn on and off a computer to learning how to navigate emails, do word documents, designing flyers and accessing employment websites.
Currently the classes below will be offered on an as per need/ interest basis:
- English Literacy for Australian Citizenship (beginner - intermediate English level)
- Preparation for Australian Citizenship (intermediate English level)
- Work skills 1: Employability skills (lower intermediate English level)
- Work skills 2: Looking for Work (intermediate English level)
- Work skills 3: A successful start to work (higher intermediate English level)
For more information in these course and when they are available please contact SMECC.