Help SMECC to support our new community members as they settle in our region. Opportunities available in the following areas:
* Driving Practice Mentors– to guide students doing driving practice to learn role rules and drive safely. Mentors must have a clean driving record,
* SMECC Multicultural Playgroups Assistants – Playgroup assistants to help engage the children in activities and to practice conversational English and provide information to mums (Females only as for cultural/ gender reasons our Playgroups are generally a ‘women only’ setting). During Playgroup times on Mondays & Wednesdays only
* Face to Face Client Assistance - to support our clients with general assistance as part of our client services. This includes activities such as helping clients fill out and understand forms, any queries about different services and activities in Mildura, help contact other services for support of clients, find information/ brochures for clients on different issues etc.
* Sunraysia Multicultural Festival – Community members with specialist skills in areas such as; media, events planning and community project coordination to play a lead role in helping us to coordinate the many different parts of the 2016 Sunraysia Multicultural Festival.
* English Language Support. As SMECC develops its new Adult Community Further Education (ACFE) and Training programs we will be looking for volunteers who can help client students to understand English course materials, and practice their English communication through role plays and exercises. And to help with group excursions to visit other locations and services.
* Community volunteers with specialist skills to help with community projects as we develop new activities with our clients. These needs will change as new projects some online. Current needs for coming potential projects include:
- Sewing and dress making skills
- Wood work and simple furniture construction/ carpentry skills
- Dancing skills (Bollywood and other cultures)
- Shop/ retail coordination experience for potential 'shop front' community shop project
- General supervision and communication skills to supervise an evening youth social activities group