Community group & Services Room use
You may be surprised to know that the SMECC facility is a very busy place, even in the evenings and weekends as many different ethnic community groups and other services use our facility for both their own ongoing activities and one-off celebrations.
To give an idea of just how busy our facility is our rooms are generally used 15 to 20 times a month. This show just how valuable this facility is to our CALD communities..
Some of these regular activities include:
- Tongan community church group & food relief activities
- Tamil community church group activities
- Afghan community Dari classes, community meetings and regular cultural celebrations
- Community meetings by other group associations such as the local Sikh, Fijian, Samoan, Gujrati and Burundian communities.
- Rehearsal space for performance groups from different communities
SMECC, or our member groups, also host other services and projects to conduct activities.